.

Springs Library

Flag as Inappropriate

<p>The Springs Library is located at the Ambrose Parsons House, which  is named for its first owner. The house dates to the 1700s, but was rebuilt in 1851 after several fires. Elizabeth Parker Anderson, the last owner, wanted it to be used as a library for residents of Springs, and left it to East Hampton Town when she died in 1975.</p>
<p>Five years later, the town agreed to let the Springs Historical Society establish a library there. It charges an annual $15 fee and has an ongoing book sale to help cover the cost of insurance and buy new books. The staff is made up of volunteers, and while they haven't kept count of the size of the collection, the library has a vast collection of fiction and non-fiction, and movies. It is not part of the Suffolk County Library system. </p> <p>The house is listed on the New York State and the National Registers of Historic places in 1995.</p>
Springs Fireplace Rd & Parson Pl, East Hampton, NY 11937
() -
  • Accessibility Details: Ramp
  • Hours: Mon, Tue, and Fri, 10am - noon; Wed, 10am -noon, 3pm - 5pm; Sat, 9am - noon, 1pm - 3pm, Thu and Sun, closed.
    There is a children's story hour on Saturdays starting at 10:30am.
  • Accessible: yes
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »