...my best recipe: Mini Chicken Parmigiana Meatloaf
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini metal muffins pans with non-stick spray.
- 1lb. of ground chicken
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg
- 6 Tablespoons of bread crumbs (I use a combination of Italian bread crumbs, Panko and Fiber One Cereal
- 3 Teaspoons of Italian Spices
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 cup of Astro's and Felice's Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Parmigiana cheese
Let's get cooking!:
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken,eggs, bread crumbs, onion, spices, garlic and parmigiana cheese. Mix just until all ingredients are blended into each other well, do not over mix.
- Use "ice-cream scooper" or large spoon to portion and place mixture into muffin pans.
- Top each portion with Tomato Sauce.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in the oven for another five minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle fresh basil
On another note, this will be my last Astro Pizza and Felice's Blog. I am thankful for all the readers and all the kind words said to my mother-in-law, Alda. My honest and sole purpose of this blog, along with the new web-page, Twitter and Facebook (well giving it a "face-lift") was for the community. I wanted Astro's and Felice's to be remembered as a great "mom and pop" shop filled with so much history and stories.
So with a heavy heart I shall part from my blogging and remember La Vita e Bella.