On National Voter Registration Day next week, the League of Women Voters of the Hamptons will fan out across the South Fork in an attempt to get more residents at the polls this November.
Members will have voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications, available in both English and Spanish, at 11 different locations on Sept. 24 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Founded last fall, National Voter Registration Day was established to spotlight deadlines for registering to vote. The deadline in New York is Oct. 11 in order to vote in the general election on Nov. 5, 2013.
“Anyone who was not registered previously, or who has moved, or who has changed his or her name needs to fill out a voter registration form,” Anne Marshall, the Hamptons League’s voter services chair, said. “We hope you will stop by one of our tables, where we will also be glad to answer any of your questions.”
Here is where you can find the league on Sept. 24:
- Montauk at the Montauk Post Office on South Euclid Avenue
- Amagansett at Amagansett Square on Main Street
- East Hampton at Waldbaum’s Supermarket on Newtown Lane
- Springs at One Stop Market on Springs-Fireplace Road
- Bridgehampton at Kmart in the Bridgehampton Commons
- Bridgehampton at Starbucks Coffee on Main Street
- Sag Harbor at Schiavoni’s Market on Main Street
- Southampton at Waldbaum’s Supermarket on Jagger Lane
- Southampton at Rogers Memorial Library on Coopers Farm Road
- Hampton Bays at King Kullen Supermarket on East Montauk Highway
- Westhampton Beach at Westhampton Free Library on Library Avenue