East Hampton Patch has asked all the candidates to write up five points voters should know about them as they head to the polls on Nov. 8. Here's what Rona Klopman, a for , wants you to know about her.
1. As chairperson and chice chair of the Amagansett Citizens Advisory Committee, for a total of five years, and president of the Amagansett East Civic Association (310 homes in Beach Hampton), I champion our historic right to public access to our beaches and common land.
2. As an avid East Hampton Town Board and Trustee watcher I feel that there should be more constructive interaction between the two agencies and the citizens of East Hampton who come to the Trustees for help with beach erosion issues. Action and responsible resources should be addressed so there are allocations for appropriate dredging, shoreline protection and beach restoration. I don't believe in guess work.
3. As one who has sat at many trustee meetings there should be more accountability and transparency to the citizens of the Town-no Trustee should sleep on the job and all the meetings should be taped.
4. I intend to propose, if elected, to have educational forums on the specific duties and responsibilities of the Trustees so all citizens can be educated about what the job of the Trustees is all about. Applications should be expedited and land use issues investigated in a timely manner.
5. On a personal note I am an extremely active person- I play tennis, go to the gym, walk the beach. I have two married children, four grandchildren and two grand-dogs.