The following is the agenda provided by the East Hampton Village Board for its meeting on Friday at 11 a.m. in the Emergency Services Building.
- Introductory #04-2013, a proposed amendment to Ch. 104 (Code Enforcement Administration) to authorize Code Enforcement to issue tent permits and to authorize the imposition of fees for tent permits.
- Introductory #5-2013, a proposed amendment to Ch. 278 (Zoning) with respect to the definition of ‘gross floor area’ to provide that the area shall be measured to the exterior face of the frame or masonry wall.
1. Approve claim vouchers for the month of March.
2. Approve Warrants #42, #44, & #45 (General), #41 (Trust), # 43 (LOSAP) & #46 (Capital).
3. Approve budget transfer #1, dated 03-01-13.
4. Approve minutes from meeting held on December 21, 2012 & January 3, 2013.
5. Approve departmental reports.
6. Adopt as LOCAL LAW NINE-2013 Introductory #4-2013, hereby amending Ch. 104 (Code Enforcement Administration) to authorize Code Enforcement to issue tent permits and to authorize the imposition of fees for tent permits. (Response from Suffolk County rec’d 02/21/13)
7. Adopt a negative SEQRA declaration with respect to Introductory #5-2013.
8. Adopt as LOCAL LAW TEN-2013 Introductory #5-2013, hereby amending Ch. 278 (Zoning) with respect to the definition of ‘gross floor area’ to provide that the area shall be measured to the exterior face of the frame or masonry wall. (Response from Suffolk County rec’d 02/21/13)
9. Notice for a public hearing to be held on April 19, 2013, at 11:00 a.m. at the E.M.S. Building for Introductory #06-2013, a proposed amendment to Ch. 278-3 (Zoning Code) to amend subsection A (8), which sets forth dimensional requirements for residences in split zoning districts or in commercial zoning districts based on the underlying zoning district, as opposed to lot size.
10. Notice for a public hearing to be held on April 19, 2013, at 11:00 a.m. at the E.M.S. Building for Introductory #07-2013, a proposed amendment to Ch. 77 (Beaches) with respect to dogs on the beaches - this proposed local law seeks to strike a better balance by allowing dogs the same access to the beach, but by adding a requirement that dogs be leashed within the more populated areas within 500 feet of the road ends so that their owners have better control over their encounters with other beach-goers and more awareness and a better ability to pick up dog waste.
11. Approve the list of Ambulance volunteers who have met the requirements & qualified for 1 year of service award credit.
12. Accept Chermaine Cheang as an active member of the Ambulance Association (please refer to February 27th memo from Chief McGuire)
13. Accept the $69,504 bid received from Class Act Maintenance for contractual cleaning services three times a week for the EMS Building, as per March 12, 2013 bid specifications (same cost as 2011-13 two year period).
14. Accept the $30,899 bid received from Roman Brown Enterprises, Inc. for the organic lawn care & mowing and trimming of Village-owned properties, as per March 12, 2013 bid specifications.
15. Appoint Mark Butler as a member of the Planning Board to fill unexpired term (to July 31, 2013) of member Philip O’Connell. (on 02/15/13 Mr. O’Connell was appointed as Planning Board Chairman to fill unexpired term of former Chair, Rosemary G. Brown, now on the DRB)
16. Approve the reimbursement of reasonable & necessary expenses incurred for dispatcher PSD1 Audra Schutte to attend the Emergency Medical Dispatch Course in Norwalk, CT. March 19-21, 2013 – please see March 1st memo from Chief Larsen)
17. Employ Tammie L. Wilson as a full-time Public Safety Dispatcher 1 (PSD1), effective April 15, 2013 at starting base salary of $48,103 (please refer to March 4th memo from Chief Larsen).
18. Approve 6/2013 – 5/2014 agreement to provide Sag Harbor Police Department with dispatching services.
19. Accept the $12,360 proposal received from Botanica Plant & Property Management to care and maintain Home Sweet Home grounds March 15, 2013 – March 15, 2014.