The Sag Harbor Fire Department was called across the water to Shelter Island, where firefighters were battling a blaze that broke out at an inn on Wednesday night.
Just before 11 p.m., Sag Harbor firefighters were asked to respond with one engine to stand by at Shelter Island's firehouse, not far from the Belle Crest Inn at 163 North Ferry Rd.
Southold Town police dispatchers confirmed the fire was reported there at around 9:30 p.m.
The Shelter Island Fire Department reportedly called for help from the Greenport Fire Department earlier in the evening.
The amount of damage done to the building was not immediately clear.
Located in the historic Shelter Island Heights section, the Belle Crest Inn is described as a "grand old Victorian" inn built as a guest house in the early 1900s, according to its website. The sitting area boasts a baby grand piano and the dining room has a fireplace. The rooms are said to be furnished with antiques and collectibles.
Sag Harbor's engine and chiefs arrived on the island by 11:15 p.m.
The South Ferry and North Ferry companies held ferries for the emergency vehicles to respond immediately from North Haven and Greenport.