The following information was supplied by the . A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate guilt.
• Paul H. Ryan Jr., 32, of East Hampton, was charged with driving while intoxicated in East Hampton on Aug. 12 at about 10:30 p.m., after he avoided a head-on collision. Police said they receive a 911 call about the near-miss and officers found a Ford Escape with New Jersey license plates, running, with the lights on, partially pulled into a driveway on Karlsruhe Cross Highway, near Three Mile Harbor Hog Creek Road. Ryan appeared drunk and failed all field sobriety tests, police said. He was released on his own recognizance.
• David M. Bakshi, 27, of Tiburon, CA, was arrested on a charge of DWI on Saturday morning at about 4 a.m. Police said they pulled his 2011 BMW over on Montauk Highway, near S. Eaton Street, because the car's high beams were shining to oncoming traffic. He appeared drunk and failed field sobriety tests. Justice Cahill released him on $200 bail.
• Matthew J. Nowaczyk, 41, of Brooklyn, was charged with a DWI after being pulled over on Fort Pond Road in Montauk on Friday morning at about 4:40 a.m. Police said he did not signal while making a right turn onto Edgemere Street in his 2002 Volkswagon. When he was pulled over, he appeared drunk and was placed under arrest. Justice Cahill released him on $300 bail.
• Gianna T. Chachere, 45, of Brooklyn, was allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol and with a suspended license on Aug. 14. Police said she failed to dim her Dodge's high beams for oncoming traffic on Fort Pond Blvd. in Springs, before making a right turn onto Springs Fireplace Road, at about 2:20 a.m. An officer tried to turn around to pull her over, but the vehicle was no longer in sight. During a brief canvass of the area, the officer spotted the Dodge backing out of a driveway on Springs Fireplace Road and then pulled back in, during which time a traffic stop was performed. She reportedly failed all field sobriety tests and a check of her license showed it had been suspended for failure to answer a summons. She was charged with DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the third-degree, both misdemeanors, at about 2:40 a.m. Justice Rana released her on $350 bail.
• Jose A. Padilla-Deleg, 35, of East Hampton, was charged with DWI, after he reportedly left the scene of an accident on Three Mile Harbor Road in East Hampton on Aug. 12 at about 12:45 a.m., that was witnessed by a Sag Harbor Fire Marshal and Code Enforcement officer. The officer followed the defendant into a driveway and waited for police arrival. Padilla-Deleg was still behind the wheel of a 1997 Honda when police arrived. He appeared drunk and failed field sobriety tests, police said. He was released later that morning on $500 bail.
• Jario A. Fernandez, 37, of East Hampton, was arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the third-degree in Montauk on Aug. 15. Police said he was driving on Montauk Highway, near S. Eagle Avenue, without a head light out at about midnight. His license was suspended on June 12 for having no insurance, police said. He was released on his own recognizance later that morning.