• The has charged James R. Connolly, 30, of Hampton Bays, with three counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance, a class B Felony. Connolly was charged, according to , after members of the task force conducted an investigation for several months into illegal prescription pain medication sales.
• say they have arrested a 32-year-old Speonk man who severely beat a woman with a pool stick, metal pipe and stool for several hours on July 26 in a Speonk home. Police said the man, Beswick A. Grizzle, has been charged with assault in the second degree and unlawful imprisonment in the first degree, both felonies.
• Wayne E. Rogers, 55, of Greenport, was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana on Aug. 12 at 10:43 p.m., after observed him smoking a pipe outside of therestaurant in Greenport, police said. Upon seeing the officer, Rogers ran into the Rhumb Line's bathroom, police said. When officers made entry into the bathroom, a pipe containing hashish was found smoking in the garbage, police said. Rogers was arrested, transported to police headquarters in Peconic and released on bail for a later court date.
• Rona Simmons, 40, of Riverhead, was charged with petit larceny on Aug. 9 at 7:34 p.m., after police responded to a report that Simmons had taken several items from the Mattituck Waldbaum’s grocery store without paying for them, police said. She was arrested, transported to police headquarters in Peconic, processed and released on $250 bail.
• Korey Sammarco, 22, of Shirley, was arrested Aug. 13 at 2:25 a.m. on Noyac Road in Noyac and charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree, a misdemeanor. Police said Sammarco was walking down Noyac Road and when approached by police, he ran off into the woods. When a police officer caught up and spoke to Sammarco and checked the area, the officer discovered that a vehicle in the area had been rummaged through and belongings were taken out of it, according to the arrest report. The belongings were found to be in Sammarco’s car on another street in the area, police said.
• Joseph R. Spezzano, 33, of North Shirley, was arrested Aug. 13 at 4:24 a.m. in Noyac and charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree, a misdemeanor. Police said Spezzano was found hiding in bushes off Noyac Road with items he stole from a car.
Felony Driving While Intoxicated
• Wesley N. Collins, 31, of Southampton, was arrested Aug. 13 at 3:18 a.m. and charged with felony DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the first Degree, also a felony, for having a prior DWI conviction, according to police. Police said they stopped Collins for driving a 2011 Chevrolet westbound on County Road 39 while failing to keep his vehicle in his lane of travel. Upon further investigation, he was arrested, processed and held for morning arraignment, police said.
• Robert S. Davis, 51, of Southampton, was arrested Aug. 12 at 1:41 a.m. and charged with three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, all misdemeanors. Davis was in possession of crack cocaine and OxyContin, police said.