The following information was supplied by the East Hampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate guilt. The following reports were issued for the week of Aug. 19.• Dario J. Zumba-Sumba, 23, of Springs, was driving drunk and with a suspended license on Aug. 18 at about 2 a.m. He was arrested not far from his house on Fort Pond Boulevard after police said they saw a 2001 Chrysler backing unsafely from Wolfie's Tavern, where they had been called for an unruly group. the vehicle accelerated a high rate of speed and headed east, police said. Police activated his emergency lights, but Zumba-Sumba kept driving for several hundred feet before coming to a stop near Hawthorne Avenue, police said. Officers said they found several open bottles of Corona beer and an open bottle of Myers's rum. Police said his license was revoked in 2009. He was charged with misdemeanor DWI and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, also a misdemeanor, at 2:45 a.m. He was released on $350 bail later that morning.
• Mark J. Betancourt, 38, of New York City, was arrested and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, in Amagansett on Aug. 18 at about 5:10 p.m. A tipster called police about a possible drunk driver in a white van taxi with Connecticut license plates heading west on Montauk Highway, near the IGA in Amagansett. Police picked up the vehicle swerving near Windmill Lane, and pulled it over by Oak Lane. The driver appeared intoxicated and was placed under arrest.
• Renee D. Appelle, 32, of Woodcliff Lake, N.J., was arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge in Montauk on Aug. 17 at about 11 p.m. Her 2011 Jeep swerved off the road and onto the grass shoulder several times on Old Montauk Highway, near School Lane, police said. She refused to submit to a chemical breath test at police headquarters. Held overnight, she was released on $200 bail.
• Justo F. Chacho-Cortes, 36, of Springs, was arrested on drunken driving and forgery charges in Amagansett on Aug. 18. Police said he was driving on Abraham's Path, near Town Lane, when he swerved over the double-yellow pavement markings at about 2:55 a.m. He appeared intoxicated and performed poorly on field sobriety tests, police said. During a search, police found an allegedly fraudulent Social Security card in his wallet. Charged with misdemeanor DWI and second-degree possession of a forged instrument, also a misdemeanor, he was released on $350 bail after arraignment.
• Britany N. Kirkes, 28, of Boston, M.A., was also charged with misdemeanor DWI in Montauk on Aug. 18. Police said they saw her vehicle go through a stop sign on Second House Road and South Dewitt Place at about 3:10 a.m. She reportedly drove north on Second House Road at a high rate of speed, before making a right onto South Elroy Drive without signaling. She appeared intoxicated when police interviewed her. Held for arraignment, she was released on her own recognizance later that morning.
• Just a bit earlier, Jonathan D. Pepe, 28, of Hoboken, N.J., was arrested nearby in Montauk on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Aug. 18. At about 2:30 a.m., police said they saw a 2007 Chrysler heading west on Montauk Highway without its head lights on. Police stopped him near Second House Road and he appeared intoxicated, they said. Held for morning arraignment, he was released on $250 bail.
• Jacinta A. Nagler, 41, of New York City, was arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge after she was stopped in Amagansett on Aug. 18 at about 2:30 a.m. According to police, her 1995 Acura crossed over the white line on Montauk Highway, near Oak Lane. She appeared intoxicated, and performed poorly on all field sobriety tests, police said. Following arraignment, she was released on $350 bail.
• John A. Burnett, 25, of Weehawken, N.J., was released on $300 bail after he was arrested on a driving while intoxicated charge, a misdemeanor, on Aug. 18. Police said they saw his 2010 Honda fail to keep right on Montauk Highway in Montauk at about 2:10 a.m. He was stopped near Emery Street. He was held for morning arraignment.
• Jeannie M. Elmaadawy, 25, of Brooklyn, was arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Aug. 14. Police said that she was pulled over on Abraham's Path, near Springs Fireplace Road, after they caught her speeding at 50 mph at about 4:45 a.m. During a search of her vehicle, police said they found a plastic baggy under her passenger seat with marijuana inside. She was additionally charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Following arraignment, she was released on her own recognizance.
• Thomas Sperry, 37, of Springs, was also arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Aug. 15 at about 3:55 a.m. Police said they saw him in a 2007 Chevrolet traveling east on Main Street in Amagansett, near Hedges Lane, when he crossed over the yellow pavement markings and then into the shoulder several times. He was arraigned and released on his own recognizance.