Each week, our bloggers cover everything from relationships and local events to health and politics. Hurricane Sandy once again dominated the conversation this week, and our bloggers gave their take. Here are some highlights among recent blog posts:
1. IRS Warns Consumers of Possible Scams Relating to Hurricane Sandy Relief
The Internal Revenue Service issued a consumer alert about possible scams taking place in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
2. Looking Forward: The Power of the People of the East End
T.J. Clemente says Eastenders have shown their true grit in the aftermath of Sandy.
3. Damage From A Neighbor's Tree Due To The Storm...Who Is Responsible?
asks and answers the question: whose insurance company is responsible for the damage caused by my neighbor's tree that fell?
4. East End Cares Mobilizes an Entire Community
East End Cares is a grassroots organization developed to give local businesses and volunteers an opportunity to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy in Rockaway and Staten Island. Evelyn O'Doherty has more.
5. Holly & Heather’s Handy Hint: Living Through Hurricane Sandy
In this week's blog Holly and Heather talk about their experience with Hurricane Sandy including some hints about how they got through the storm.
If you are interested in blogging on Patch, email Taylor.Vecsey@patch.com.