A couple with ties to East Hampton died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their West Boca Raton house on March 1, according to a report from the Sun-Sentinel.
Adele Ridless, 69, and her partner Morton S. Victor, 79, were found dead in their home, where police believe a car with a keyless ignition was left running in the attached garage.
Keyless ignitions, which are a push-button feature, have been linked to carbon monoxide deaths and injuries in at least four states, the Sun-Sentinel reports. It was not clear if the couple had a carbon monoxide detector in the house.
According to her death notice in The New York Times, Ridless lived in both Boca Raton and East Hampton. She was a designer in the garment industry. She is survived by three sons, a daughter and two sisters. Her funeral services were held in Boca Raton on March 3.