As Hurricane Sandy rages up the East Coast and the South Fork braces for its arrival, the list of places closing is growing fast.
Senior program as the Human Services Department at the Town of East Hampton on Monday are among the recent closure announcements. "This includes the senior nutrition center, the adult day care and in home services divisions," according to Nicole O'Donnell. "We had passed out emergency meals last week to our clients and can hand out more tomorrow morning however we are hoping to keep people off the roads and safe at home," she said. A decision about Tuesday's programs will be made on Monday.
East Hampton Town Hall is expected to be open on Tuesday. Schools will be closed.
Here is a running list of all other cancellations and closures due to Hurricane Sandy. If your business or organization is not listed, please add it in the comments below.
- Schools - East Hampton School District, Wainscott School, Amagansett School, Montauk School, Springs School, Sag Harbor School District
- Libraries - Montauk, East Hampton
- Hampton Jitney service will be suspended on Monday with final trip departures on Monday from Riverhead at 8:10 a.m., Southampton at 8:30 a.m., Westhampton at 8:40 a.m., and from New York City at 12 p.m.
- Montauk Lighthouse
- Beaches - all East Hampton Town Beaches
- YMCA East Hampton RECenter