Litter has consequences. It costs America billions of dollars each year to clean-up and can decrease property values. Litter washes into waterways and harms wildlife. It can cause flooding by clogging storm drains! Litter is UGLY and dangerous.
Please help reduce and prevent litter in our beautiful community.
It's easy.....here's how...
1) Choose not to litter!
2) Keep a litterbag in your car and pick up at least one piece of litter every day.
3) Adopt your very own section beach, park, nature preserve, or woodland and help keep it litter-free!
4) Help schools conduct recycling drives and clean-up projects.
5) Ask your Highway Department about the Adopt-a-Highway program and go ahead and adopt one. (It won't eat much or keep you up at night.)
6) Reduce your use of single use beverage containers.
7) Bring your own bag to the store or reuse the ones they provide.
8) Keep your garbage can lids secure and cover your garbage on the way to the recycling center so it wont blow out of your vehicle.
9) Ask your local government officials to establish regular community improvement activities, and to support and promote volunteer efforts.
10) Help your library establish an environmental corner that offers books and educational materials about recycling and litter reduction.