When you live on the East End, don't have to go far to have a luxurious getaway.
Surprise your significant other for Valentine's Day by hiring a babysitter and booking a room at a local bed and breakfast, inn or hotel. Take advantage of rates you can only find in the winter.
• What could be more perfect as a getaway than going right to the tip of Long Island to Gurney's Inn Resort and Spa in Montauk? They have plenty planned for Valentine's Day including a Lovers' Package starting for $325 with a romantic dinner for two, ocean-view rooms, access to the seawater spa, and luxurious in-room amenities.
East Hampton Village
• Pamper yourselves with a visit to c/o The Maidstone in East Hampton and indulge in a spa retreat or simply cuddle up with your sweetheart in one of their extra special rooms. They have four room categories: "Divine, Magnificent, Fabulous, and Cozy." All sound like the perfect setting for a truly romantic Valentine's Day. And you won't have to go far for dinner — The Living Room will be serving a special Valentine's Day dinner for $125.
• They say the way to both a man and a woman's heart is through their stomach (it all depends on who's doing the talking). Why not get away to the Bridgehampton Inn for a romantic Valentine's Day Weekend and indulge in some cooking classes for two at the same time?
• At the Sag Harbor Inn indulge your passion for wine and share it with the one you love on Valentine's Day. Get a room with a view and reserve chauffeured transportation to Hamptons vineyards Wolffer Estate, Channing Daughters and Duck Walk for wine tastings.
• The Pondview on Deerfield Road is a quaint bed and breakfast nestled in the rustic backwoods of Water Mill. This Hamptons hidden gem offers private bedrooms in the main guest house, with shared common areas for dining and casual lounging. While this B&B will close for the month on Feb. 15, you can still book a room during the first half of February. Ask for the $125 reduced rate for Valentines.
• The 1708 House, a historic bed and breakfast in the heart of Southampton Village, is a beautiful spot to spend a romantic night or weekend with your Valentine.