I was a bit premature with the rain prediction on Thursday, but here it is on Friday. According to the Weather Channel, the rain will continue through 2 p.m., but will be more intermittent by 10 a.m. Rainfall is estimated to be about a quarter of an inch. Here's what else to expect from the day.
1. If you're looking to plan your weekend, look no further than the . There's lots of fun events, so don't miss them. The kid-friendly list of activities, known as the Grab & Go, will post on Friday at 10 a.m.
2. Speaking of fun events for Friday night, the will be held at at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40 each, $75 per couple. Good money for a worthy cause.
3. At 3 p.m., there's a fundraiser for the scholarship fund at the . Wiggleboy will perform live until 9 p.m. There will be a 50/50 raffle for Katy's Courage. Admission is just $10.
4. Did you read about the new free transportation service that will soon be offered in town? is set to begin Memorial Day weekend and will offer free rides from select pickup locations to the beach, among other places.
5. Speaking of new businesses, we've got a business roundup article ready to be posted later on Friday. Now is the time of the year we start to see lots of changes happening on the business front in anticipation of spring. If you know of one we don't, let us know and we'll include it in the next go-around.