The language of flowers never goes out of date. With roses in a variety of new colors and shades you can create a bouquet that conveys a vast range of sentiments. Lavender or Lilac means "love at first sight." Red, of course, still speaks of "love and passion" but combine Pink and White and you have "Everlasting Devotion." If you can find a Blue rose you can say "unattainable/impossible.*" You're not limited to roses of course, and judging from the plethora of flower vendors in our area, you'll definitely find a shop that speaks your language.
1. The East Hampton Florist sells gifts and Godiva chocolates in addition to their exceptional selection of flowers. Finding a Valentine's Day gift will be a breeze.
2. At in East Hampton their selection of top quality plants, flowers and Valentine's Day rose arrangements will have you whistling "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" in no time. They also offer local delivery.
3. Visit the Buckley Flower Shop and you'll be charmed by your surroundings. The friendly staff will assist you in finding the perfect combination of flowers to offer your sweetheart.
4. In Montauk, will be open. They sell Montauk flowers, orchids, potted plants, and more.
5. in Amagansett will be also be gathering bouquets on Valentine's Day.
6. supermarket, will have fresh roses flown in daily in the lead up to Valentine's Day. The convenient downtown location can't be beat.
7. All the local IGA's sell flowers on Valentine's Day, too. So if you need to pop in at the , the , or the , and pick some groceries (for your special meal, of course), you can get a bouquet at the same time.
8. "Rose are red, violets are blue..." Whatever colors you fancy, will be able to set you up with the perfect flower choice to say "I love you."
9. On Montauk Highway in Water Mill, 's fantastic selection of "lush & low" and "tall" arrangements offer limitless possibilities. They also deliver to Southampton and the surrounding areas. Call 631.726.7260 for details.
10. At the , you'll find cut flowers, orchids, gifts for the botanically minded - in short a superb offering of "beautiful flowers for every occasion." The perfect bouquet for your Valentine will be a cinch to choose.
*Language of roses information from A&P Family of Supermarkets In-house magazine "Live Better!" Jan/Feb edition, page 5.