Whether you don't like to cook or don't want to cook a big holiday feast this year, there are several restaurants open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for your dining delight. Here are 10 restaurants we found (in no particular order):
1. Cittanuova will be open for lunch and dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The restaurant on Newtown Lane in East Hampton will be offering its full menu with specials.
2. The 1770 House will be open for dinner on Christmas Eve. The Main Street restaurant in East Hampton will be closed Christmas Day.
3. The Living Room Restaurant, on Main Street in East Hampton at c/o The Maidstone, will offer the a la carte menu with holidays specials, as well as the Swedish Christmas Table menu for both lunch (from noon to 3 p.m.) and dinner (from 5:30 to 10 p.m.) on Christmas Eve and Day. The Swedish Table menu includes four courses of table servings for $36 per person plus tax and gratuity. Among the choices are Herring three ways with classic Christmas garnish, Roast pork loin with Christmas gravy, braised red cabbage and potato purée
and Mini waffles with lingonberry cream, saffron cake with candied hazelnuts and “Ris a la Malts.”
4. The Sea Grille at Gurney's Inn in Montauk will have a special menu for Christmas dinner, which will be served from 1 to 9 p.m. Entrees include roasted Long Island Duckling, Lambo Osso Bucco, lobster, and Montauk Flounder Francaise. "Little Elves" eat for $19.
5. Nick & Toni’s in East Hampton will be serving Christmas Eve dinner, starting at 6 p.m. Specials include a Lobster Salad with Preserved Lemon Aioli, Pea Vine Salad with Truffle Vinaigrette as an appetizer, Pan Roast Halibut with Caramelized Onions, Crispy Potatoes, Créme Fraiche & Caviar as an entree, and Chocolate Chestnut Crespelle with Orange and Brown Butter Sauce for dessert. The restaurant will be closed on Christmas Day.
6. Muse in the Harbor will be open on Christmas Eve, from 4 to 9p.m., with a prix fixe and Christmas specials. The restaurant, which is located on Main Street, will be closed on Christmas Day.
7. The Palm, on Main Street in East Hampton, will be open for Christmas Eve dinner only. Diners can order off the regular menu from 5 p.m. to about 10 p.m.
8. If you are looking for a place for all three meals, look no further. Nichols in East Hampton will be open both days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast starts at 9:30 a.m. Reservations are highly recommended.
9. Highway Diner & Bar, the new restaurant on Montauk Highway by the tank at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post, will be open on both Christmas Eve and Christmas, from 8 a.m. to about 10:30 p.m.
10. If sushi is more your style, head to zok•kon, the new sushi restaurant on Montauk Highway in East Hampton, for Christmas Eve dinner. It will be closed on Christmas.
If you know of other restaurants that will be open on the holiday, tell us in the comments below.