The final shopping day before Christmas, and all of the stores are filled with last minute shoppers. But, you don't have to brave the trip to Riverhead to shop last minute for those kids on your list, like nieces and nephews. Here are a few ideas of places where you can get toys and other kid approved items in these final hours.
1. has a wonderful selection of unique gifts for the people in your life. Located on Newtown Lane in East Hampton Village be sure to stop by and pick something up.
2. In Amagansett, check out what has to offer. This family-owned store offers a full-line of guitars, musical accessories, and songbooks. It's the perfect spot to shop for a special gift for an accomplished youngster or one who is just starting to show interest. The helpful staff will guide you in your purchase.
3. The Bridgehampton Commons isn't too much of a trip, right? That's where Second Star Toys is located. They've got toys for all ages and it's huge shop with lots of variety. Plus, you can finish up other Christmas shopping while you're at the Commons.
4. For the "gamer" what better place to go then GameStop. It's also in the Commons, tucked in near Hampton Photo Arts. The store has a wide variety of games. New and used equipment are available.
5. If you still can't find what you're looking for, the chain store giant Kmart is bound to have something, even for the most picky of people. Offering longer hours over the next two days to be sure that everyone gets something for that special someone.
6. Kites of The Harbor has a wonderful selection toys in the store. Not just kites, the store has a selection of lunch boxes, stuffed animals and yo yo's. They also carry some items that might not be found at larger toy stores.
7. Still in Sag Harbor, be sure to visit The Wharf Shop. The shop has collection of dollhouses and custom made toys to put under the tree. Board games and trains are just a few of the toys carried at The Wharf Shop.
8. Planning for a winter vacation or shopping for a pint-sized surfer, head on over to in the Wainscott Shopping Plaza.
9. In Montauk, has a huge selection to chose from. Remember the Red Ryder BB gun in the "Christmas Story"? They've got air pistols and BB guns. I know, I know, it will shoot your eye out. But, used safely, it's what some teens want. They've got more "mom friendly" gifts too, like for snowboarding, lacrosse, and ice hockey.
10. Similarly, if you're in East Hampton, has all sorts of apparel for the sports enthusiast. Basketballs to mitts, tennis rackets to winter gloves for outside sports, you're sure to find something for almost anyone on your list.