1. Coast Guard Investigating Montauk Fisherman's Death
While Donald Alversa's family mourn his death, the Coast Guard has launched an investigation into his death. Alversa, a 24-year-old fisherman from Montauk, was pronounced dead Saturday night at a Virginia hospital where he was airlifted following a reported accident aboard the "Jason & Danielle," a 90-foot dragger.
2. Governor Threatens Legal Action Against Feds Over Fluke Limits
New York State officials visited Montauk on Thursday morning to send a clear message to federal officials: Change summer flounder quotas or we'll sue.
3. Video: Community Comes Together for 9/11 Anniversary
A memorial for those who died in the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11 was held in East Hampton Village on Wednesday evening.
4. Sag Harbor Village Notifies FBI about Government Website Hacking
Sag Harbor Village police have notified federal authorities, as well as the county, to investigate the hacking of the village government's website on the eve of the 12th anniversary of 9/11.
5. LIPA Plans To Improve Electric Service in East Hampton Area
The public is invited to a "open house" on Thursday for information on a project to improve the reliability of electric service in and around East Hampton.