The Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah, and the Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur, are just around the corner. Here is some information for those who are celebrating the High Holy Days in East Hampton and Sag Harbor.
Chabad Lubavitch of East Hampton:
- Sept. 4: Light candles at 6:58 p.m., Evening service at 7:15 p.m.
- Sept. 5: Morning service at 9 a.m., Torah Reading, Rabbi's Sermon, & Shofar from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Musaf from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m., Evening services at 6:15 p.m.
- Sept. 6: Morning service at 9 a.m., Torah Reading, Rabbi's Sermon, & Shofar from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Musaf from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m., Lighting candles at 6:55 p.m., Evening Service at 7 p.m., followed by Shabbat dinner by reservation
- Sept. 13: Light Candles, 6:43 p.m., Fast begins at 6:57 p.m., Kol Nidrei Services from 7 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Sept. 14: Morning Services, 9 to 10:45 a.m., Torah Reading, Rabbi's Sermon & Yizkor Service from 10:45 a.m. to 1 p.m., Musaf 1 to 2:45 p.m., Workshop from 4:45 to 5:30 p.m., Mincha from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Neilah ("Closing of the Gates") at 6:30 p.m., Fast ends at 7:40 p.m.
- Sept. 4: 8 p.m.
- Sept. 5: 10 a.m. in the tent and sanctuary, Children's services at 3 p.m., Tashlich at Main Beach at 4:30 p.m., evening service at 5:30 p.m.
- Sept. 6: 10 a.m.
- Sept. 8: Kever Avot Memorial Service at Shaarey Pardes Cemetery, 10 a.m.
- Sept. 13: Kol Nidre, 8 p.m.
- Sept. 14: 9:30 a.m. in the tent and sanctuary, study with Rabbi Zimmerman at 1 p.m., healing service with Cantor Stein at 1 p.m., Children's service at 2:30 p.m., Yizkor and Neilah service at 3:30 p.m.
Rosh Hashanah (at the Old Whalers Church in Sag Harbor)
- Sept. 4: 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 5: 9 a.m., Following services in the afternoon, the congregation will proceed to the Long Wharf for Tashlikh
- Sept. 6: 9 a.m.
- Sept. 13: Kol Nidre, 6:45 p.m.
- Sept. 14: Morning services, including Yizkor, 9 a.m., then resuming at 4:45 p.m. with Minchah and Neilah services. There will be a festive, community break-fast following the sounding of the Shofar and the Havdalah service, which commence 7:05 p.m.
- Sept. 4: 8 p.m.
- Sept. 5: 10 a.m., Family Service at 4 p.m., Tashlich at 5:15 p.m.
- Sept. 6: 10 a.m., Songs and Stories at 11:30 a.m., Shabbat Shuvah service at 8 p.m.
- Sept. 7: Shabbat Shuvah morning service at 10 a.m., Torah study with Rabbi Morris at 11:30 a.m.
- Sep. 13: Early Kol Nidre service at 6:30 p.m., late Kol Nidre service at 8 p.m.
- Sept. 14: 10 a.m., Songs & Stories at 11:30 a.m., Sedar Ha'Avodah at 2 p.m., Family Service at 3 p.m., Minchah at 4 p.m., Yizkor Memorial Service at 6 p.m., Neilah at 7 p.m., Final Shofar blast, Havdalah and breaking of fast at 7:45 p.m.