Whether you're a sports enthusiast or a concerned taxpayer, this is an important day.
1. teams start their playoff schedule Thursday, and there are some teams that really deserve the community's support. The Varsity boys soccer team is 9-5-1 overall this season and 9-2-1 in League VI. The boys at home at 2:30 p.m. Also of note, the Varsity girls volleyball team, which has , has had an undefeated season so far. Go Bonackers!
2. Now let's get down to business: is holding the on its proposed 2011 budget. Residents can sound off on what's in – or not in – the budget, which includes a 17-percent tax decrease. The hearing will be held in the new , and starts at 7 p.m. East Hampton Patch suggests getting there earlier to ensure a seat.
3. If you can't make it the board's public hearing, Patch reminds you that you can leave comments or write a letter to the editor that will be posted on the site. What do you think of the budget and how Supervisor Bill Wilkinson's administration is doing under financial pressures?
4. If budget hearings aren't your thing, how about a? Local musicians meet every Thursday at Bay Burger on the Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike in Sag Harbor and entertain diners from 7 to 9 p.m. There is no cover charge.
5. For the parents out there, the is offering a series of workshops called, "," one of which is Thursday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Designed by the Cornell Cooperative Extension, the workshops will focus on seven principals of discipline for those parenting children 10 and younger. It's free, and held at the Family Resource Center, also known as the .