Tuesday is the start of an effort to promote local shopping in East Hampton Village, but there are serious programs occurring around town, such as and advent prayer service and community soup dinner.
1. Shop locally on Tuesday on the first day of the "Come Home to Main Street" shopping campaign. Pick up a coupon book at that offers 15 percent off their entire purchase at participating shops, including BookHampton, , , (after 2 p.m.), and , and restaurants, such as and will offer 15 percent off lunch, and will offer a discount on an early dinner. For more information check out our on the special event that will run through April.
2. takes places for the next month at . Pastor Katrina Foster will lead advent service of prayer, candle lighting, and Holy Communion, starting at 10:30 a.m. Scripture study and soup lunch follow. The community is welcome.
3. are offered at the for children in first through fifth grades at 4 p.m. For more information or to register your child, call the .
4. are offered at on the first Wednesday of the month throughout the winter for anyone who needs a warm meal. The next dinner will be held this Wednesday. If you're interested in it, please come back to East Hampton Patch for more information in a story that will post at 11 a.m.
5. At the a special screening and discussion of the movie "" will be held. The 1983 film, starring Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft, will be shown at 5 p.m. Bancroft's sister Phyllis Italiano will be the special guest speaker. There is limited seating, so make sure to reserve your seat with the library early today.