In between planning your Thanksgiving meal and shopping for ingredients for all the fixings, take in some of the important and interesting activities going on around town. At the very least, it will give you some dinner table conversation on Turkey Day.
1. Why not stop by a store and purchase a holiday gift for a child? is collecting everyday before Christmas.
2. Come back to East Hampton Patch later this morning for a photo gallery of the that took place at the on Saturday. Former New York Knicks star John Starks led kids in shooting technique, as did former star Keith Gilliam.
3. The men's league seven-on-seven soccer are happening tonight in just after 7. Stop by the park and check out some soccer talent.
4. is holding an important for grandparents who are raising grandchildren. Bridging the gap, custodial rights, health insurance and financial compensations will be discussed. Childcare is available, so you can bring along the kids at 7 p.m.
5. In case you missed the informational meeting on at last week, East Hampton Patch will bring you some tips to protect your children. The story will be posted this afternoon with information from Sal Lifrieri, the president of Protective Countermeasures & Consulting.