Good morning. Today is a good day to enjoy the spring flowers, take the kids to a free puppet show, dance the night away -- and sign up for a course that could save your life, or the life of someone you know. Enjoy.
1. East Hampton Patch’s dedicated editor Taylor K. Vecsey is taking some well-deserved time off this week, and Patch freelance reporter Lisa Finn will be filling in while she’s out enjoying the sunshine. Please feel free to send Lisa a shout out about anything that’s going on around town this week -- she’s looking forward to hearing from you.
2. Nothing’s more important than keeping your loved ones safe in case of an emergency. Sign up today for a offered by the on May 19, first come, first serve. If enough people sign up, a second class may be offered on May 18. For information on fees and registration, call the chamber.
3. School board elections are coming soon – it’s time to learn more about the candidates who’ve thrown their hats into the ring in the upcoming race. Check out East Hampton Patch later this morning to get the scoop on an informative school board candidates’ forum held by the Group for Good Government on Saturday.
4. For an event sure to delight kids of all ages, head to today at 4:30 p.m. for the first in an ongoing series of hosted by Goat On A Boat Puppet Theater. Puppet shows, sponsored by and Cittanuova, will take place weekly, alternating between the two locations. The best part? No cooking for Mom. Guest are encouraged to stay for dinner after the performance, an all children attending the show will receive a $5 dinner voucher for a kids’ entrée and a scoop of ice cream at either restaurant.
5. Get your groove on at a Monday night at at 5:45 p.m, and learn hip hop, salsa, lyrical jazz, and funk. Comfortable clothing suggested; donations are requested.