East Hampton Patch is starting the day off at the former WLIU studio of Peconic Bay Broadcasting, sharing some air time with Southampton Patch on the Bonnie Grice's show. Here are some suggestions on how to spend your day. After you listen in to us, at around 9:30 a.m., of course.
1. A series of workshops focused on the seven principles of discipline for those parenting children ages 10 and younger is being offered through the . On Thursday night, "," will be given, and topics include the four "Cs:" staying calm, cool, collected and confident. Call to reserve a spot. The session is free, and popular, which is not hard to understand why.
2. The Hampton Classic Horse Show may not take place until the end of August, but the workers there are for those in need during the holidays. Donations can be brought to the show grounds on Snake Hollow Road in Bridgehampton, left on the shed porch in the blue bin. Canned food can even include dog and cat food. The items donated will be distributed to the East Hampton and Sag Harbor food pantries and Human Resources of the Hamptons.
3. A for businesses from Westhampton to Montauk will be held at Thursday night, and East Hampton Patch will have a table there. Please stop by and say hello. There will be an open bar, soda and snacks from 5 to 7 p.m. A $10 donation at the door has been requested.
4. That's the name of the poetry readings at at 7 p.m. Eighth grade students from the will perform in the John Drew Theater. The performance is free.
5. In the mood for dinner and a movie? "" is being shown as part of Errol Flynn week at . The movie is just $5 at the door. This show is also available for the "Dinner and Movie" package at the American Hotel.