It's Monday and as we head into the first full week of October, here's some events around town worth noting.
1. The on the purchase of the former Pacific East will be held at the on Tuesday from 6 to 9 p.m. Registered voters in the fire district will say yay or nay to the purchase of the two acre parcel that the commissioners say is needed for future expansion.
2. The will have its first meeting since Supervisor Bill Wilkinson introduced his . The proposal includes tax cuts, selling off Poxabogue Golf Center and privatizing the Scavenger Waste Plant. The board work session on Tuesday starts at 10 a.m.
3. is offering a defensive driving course at the on Wednesday and Thursday. Participants have to attend both days, though. Sign-up ahead of time -- $12 for members, $14 for non-members.
4. Have you gotten your tickets to the ? Tickets went on sale on Sept. 30. To check out the complete lineup, read more .
5. It's and in East Hampton, a will be held at the building on the grounds on Friday. Educational information on early detection and prevention will be available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.