Happy Monday, everyone. To help plan your week ahead, here are five events happening during the business week, from informational sessions to the Hamptons Take 2 Documentary Film Festival.
1. On Monday, The League of Women Voters will host a discussion for people who want to know more about and how it helps to combat domestic violence during " at the in Bridgehampton. Helen Atkinson-Barnes, the Retreat’s Educator, Minerva Perez, the shelter director, Thalia Olaya, a Retreat teen leader will sit on the panel. Short videos illustrating the issues will also be shown. Refreshments will be served at the beginning of the program, which begins at 7 p.m.
2. "," is a presentation at on Tuesday at 7 p.m., but open to all parents concerned about bullying.
3. Not sure what to do with your unwanted prescriptions and medications? On Wednesday, you can drop them off at one of the members that are accepting them on Nov. 16 to handle the safe disposal of them. In East Hampton, the participating pharamacies are and .
4. The at continues on Thursday night with , chef and partner at in East Hampton. The menu includes pistachio-crusted oysters, flash-seared tuna poke and fresh shrimp with pasta in a light tomato sauce. Space is limited so reserve your spot in advance for $30. Proceeds benefit the Community House Fund at Old Whalers.
5. The fourth annual opens on Friday with a gala at from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Pioneering filmmaker Richard Leacock will be honored with a screening of two of his films. The film festival continues all weekend.