Although it seems like the world stops on Christmas, it is good to know you can catch a movie, grab some Chinese food, or a quart of ice cream at stores that stay open. Whether you do not celebrate Christmas, choose to opt out of the holiday, or want to spend your Christmas bowling, here are ten places that are open on Dec. 25
1. 7-Eleven (with locations in Sag Harbor and Montauk) never disappoints! Open 24 hours everyday, the convenience store is open all day on Christmas. If you need to brave the cold for some sweet treats or a soda, drive to Water Street in Sag Harbor.
2. Don't feel like cooking? There is nothing better than Chinese food on a cold day! in East Hampton will be open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
3. Just in case you need some napkins, maybe a last minute stocking stuffer or even a magazine, or even some Advil, in East Hampton will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
4. If you have a lot of energy to spare . . . the best place for you on Christmas is . Open from noon to 10 p.m., bowling is sure to make Saturday a fun day.
5. If you need an after dinner hide-out Indian Wells Tavern in Amagansett is the place to go. They won't be serving food, but the bar will open at 9 p.m.
6. Catching a new movie is a perfect afternoon activity on Christmas. is open with a full schedule. We've already put together . Check out which ones are playing in East Hampton.
7. If Montauk is where you are, and you can practically smell the Chinese food from East Hampton, you do not have far to go. in Montauk is open from 12 until 9:30 p.m.
8. Coffee. Where to get coffee on Christmas . . . have no fear in East Hampton will be open from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. Phew!
9. If you need any last minute groceries, Cromers Country Market on Noyac Road in Noyac will be open from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. The butcher and deli will be closed, however, if you forgot a condiments and such, Cromers is there.
10. Heading out for a long drive? Gas up at in Wainscott, open 24 hours. Grab a doughnut and hit the road. The convenient store also has some select groceries. Try there if you have forgotten something for Christmas dinner.