- Happy August! Can you believe it is already Aug. 1? I can't. The summer is just flying by.
- One of our readers posted a great question on our boards and we hope you will all take a moment to either jump into the conversation or pay attention to the answers. Penny asked for advice as to what she is supposed to do in a tight spot where there is no shoulder when an ambulance is trying to get by?
- In the news, Elizabeth Dow confirmed that she is moving Amagansett Applied Arts into the Golden Eagle space in East Hampton come October. The Golden Eagle, founded in 1954, announced in early July that its lease was not renewed and it would leaving Gingerbread Lane by the end of September. How do you feel about this change?
- Congratulations are in order to Rob Corcoran, who lives in Springs part-time and has been working at Poxabogue Golf Center in Sagaponack for the past three seasons as a teaching pro. Corcoran shot a 61 in a professional tournament recently. Well done!
- An opening party will be held on Thursday evening at Sylvester & Co. at Home in Amagansett for Drew Doggett Photography Presents: Discovering the Horses of Sable Island. Another opening party will be held on Aug. 2. Both begin at 6 p.m.
Have a fantastic day and enjoy this first day of August.
- Find a new home in East Hampton.
- Or visit a few open houses.
- What’s playing at the movies … and when?
- High and low tide times.
- Advertise your yard sale ahead of the weekend.
- See those yard sales pop up on our map.